11.09.2010

happiness twice over.

i nearly died when i pulled this leather wrap skirt out of the motherload. i remember a friend gave it to me years ago because it didn't fit her. i think it didn't fit me either, so i eventually got rid of it. guess i was smart enough not to throw out leather, because here it was with the tags still on, a few white-ish spots that easily rubbed out, but in otherwise excellent condition and just as buttery smooth as i remember. this time it fit.

this gray dress is one of those things i try on many times but end up not wearing. a belt makes it pull in weird places, but alone it just hangs. i threw on the skirt, intending to take the dress off, but found it actually worked together. so i finally got to wear the leather and make use of this dress. i was happy.


 
(leather wrap skirt, banana republic; sweater, shae; dress, bamboo sky)

21 comments:

Mandarintouch said...

I follow you!, Your blog is beautiful and the outfits too. I like your style;)

Alanah said...

wow i absolutely love the outfits on your blog! thanks for the comment ;)

wanna follow each other? =)

xoxo Alanah
www.quite-in-fashion.blogspot.com

xx said...

you are so sweet! i know i love my white boots i used to wear them a lot and then I kind of forgot about them. LOVE that skirt on you!

care to follow?
http://ddianakangg.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The leather skirt is AWESOME! LOVIN your sense of style. I'm following you now. http://idontwearjeans.blogspot.com/

zs closet said...

Thanks for your comment! I like your skirt!!xx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Nice surprising combo! Gotta love finding oldies but goodies.

Raez said...

love this! your skirt is amazing.

xx raez

Bionica said...

the dress is fab
I love the sleeve

-Bionica

Unknown said...

I like your style...you are very rock!
my name's martina (like you!) and I come from Italy...I would like you follow my blog!I wait you and your suggestions!kiss kiss ^^

Kelly said...

What a beautiful skirt! Looks amazing with the dress

SpryOnTheWall said...

Fabulous skirt!!!

Paola Gambuzza said...

adorable skirt!
have a look at my blog there's a new post!
http://thepixiecake.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

wow the skirt is gorgeous, i havnet seen a leather wrap yet, looks stunning!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

Kileen said...

beautiful gray skirt and i like the sleeves in your top! thanks for checking out my blog and i'm following you now too! :)

kileen
cuteandlittle.com

Nicola said...

Love your outfit, the skirt and dress look great together:) x

www.golden-indigo.blogspot.com

liquoredonlacquer said...

I love all the outfits, such a pretty dress and skirt!!

=]
xoxo
liquoredonlacquer.blogspot.com

YOUka* said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I love the black cardigan in your outfit!!

Yuuka
http://yuuka-forget-me-not.blogspot.com/

Stylepint said...

Love the skirt and the dress works so well with it. It's that whole hard and soft look that I've been obsessing about, but can rarely pull off. You do it with such ease! =)

caits said...

love that skirt + the dress makes a killer top. hot.

http://hundredsorthousands.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have a dress I wear like that, too! It's too billowy and way too short to wear alone, but looks great tucked into a skirt.

http://leffetdepapillon.wordpress.com/

RAYNE said...

love the leather wrap skirt!

xx
www.lluviaforallseasons.com

01 09 10