bold and soft.
thick and thin.
black/white and colors.
stripes hit the runways again.
how will you be rocking this trend?
had the best time at my friend's beach house in haleiwa this weekend. we were blessed with perfect weather...sunny with cool breezes. the kids [nine of them] had fun body boarding and playing in the sand while we relaxed and talked story. thanks to my friend, L, for inviting us. i ended up making the jello wedges that i mentioned in my previous post and have
some tips to share after my first try.
into the great wide open...
- make sure lemons are firm and on the larger side.
- one small package of jello (1 cup boiling water/1 cup cold water) filled five small lemons.
- use less water for firmer consistency (1/2 cup less).
- fill all the way to the top as it will shrink down.
- the type of fruit does affect the taste of the jello.
the lemon rind made the jello slightly bitter, which would have been perfect for the pink lemonade recipe i was originally going to make...but i ended up making non-alcoholic strawberry jello for the kids. orange fruit with orange jello might have
been a better choice.
slice and serve.
i forgot to take a picture, so i grabbed this
one from my friend's instagram (thanks, C!).
overall, they turned out ok, and the kids enjoyed them.
i will definitely be making these again.