1.27.2014

weekend in photos.

helloooo, monday.
i had a productive weekend full of firsts. and while i'm usually dreading mondays, i can't wait to get back on the treadmill. what?? i mean, just look at the first picture.

invited by a friend, mini-she and i went to our first women's conference on friday night. over 800+ women in an energetic atmosphere, singing songs of praise, inviting jesus into their hearts. for any newbie, it's overwhelming...even a bit uncomfortable. but i did enjoy the speaker and her message about change. after the conference, i had some one-on-one time with mini-she as we chatted over good eats.

mini burgers, southwest spring rolls,
and artichoke dip and chips.
on saturday, i met my friend (and marathon training partner) for our first run together in 2014. we have been keeping each other in the loop about our weekly workouts and treadmill runs, but it was nice to actually hit the pavement. following our 5-mile run (woot!), her husband juiced for us. i had my first ever green juice. greens & kale, green apples, lemons. it did have a strong "green" smell, but it was totally drinkable. i am definitely team green. how about you?
and on sunday, mini-she had a church outing to a local trampoline place. since i had to pick her up, i decided to check it out with mini-he. it was our first time there, and it was super fun. i'd only seen YouTube videos of similar places, so i was confused when the guy said 'only one person per trampoline'. makes sense, but there were tons of people there; how many trampolines could this place possibly have, i wondered?! but i understood once i saw it...one person per square.
you have to wear non-slip socks, which you can purchase there for $3. mini-he had such a great time and kept thanking me for bringing him to get some exercise. he did complain about being a little sore today, but so was i. i actually considered purchasing 90 minutes of jump time, but one-hour is plenty!

tell me about your weekend.

*     *     *

what are you going to buy your valentine this year?
something totally awesome with the amazon gift cards
we're giving away!



43 comments:

Erica D said...

I LOVE those spring rolls at Chilis, I have them as a main course lol.

-Erica
http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

Ai Sakura said...

what a great weekend! ours was spent springcleaning for the coming Chinese New Year celebration but I did blog about the little family walk we took in Chinatown to soak in the festivities too :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Mrs. Aa said...

such a great weekend
those food are also tempted to be tried

stay fab,
Miss Aa

sgumer said...

looks like you had a fun weekend. love the food pics.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

what a fabulous inspirational speaker, treats and awesome fun! i love your weekends beck! they are filled with fabulous-ness!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

You don't need to hurry onto the treadmill but kudos to you for doing that. Oh we love those trampoline gyms. Our 3-year old always has a good time there.

Happy Monday!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

Glad you had a great weekend. I had a low key weekend. Saturday night went out to Sushi with friends. Sunday grocery shopped and chilled on the couch.

Stanislava E. said...

How cool you enjoy doing those childish things with your mini-he and mini-she! And the food from the 1st picture looks...ohh! I spent the weekend at home. It's a real winter out there.

sunandsany

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

oh so very much fun!

Lisa said...

aww love this :) i love the apps at chili's how i miss american food lol!! did you eat at the pearlridge or kahala one?? lol :p

omgosh i've been to those jumping trampoline places it's SUCH a workout.. when you go you think it's just like like a fun dorky good time.. but omggg man it's TIRING.. i was like panting, out of break and the next day my body hurt lol!

Amanda @ MyLifeIGuess.com said...

I LOVE green juice - it's been far too long since I've had any! Or since I've jumped on a trampoline! I wish there were places like that around here - looks like you had a ton of fun!

LoveYourEgo said...

The food looks so good and your weekend must have been so much fun! can't bring myself to drink something that's green yet... But I'll get there :D

http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

Mrs C said...

Looks like you had a complete weekend - good food and lots of fun!

Mrs Jack Of All Trades
Dubai UAE

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

Cel said...

Okay that trampoline place looks AWESOME. Why couldn't those sorts of places exist when I was a kid? Or even near me now? I am totally jealous. My weekend was alright, pretty uneventful. It's crazy cold out so I avoid the outdoors as much as possible, but it just gives me an extra reason to get ahead on homework. I did finally get back to yoga on Sunday though, which is something I need to get back to regularly again, so I guess that was a good thing!

Putri Valentina said...

That food look so delicious!
WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

Meghan said...

I so want to go to a trampoline park!

Lena L said...

Oh lots of yumms and goodnesses! :)

(As for the Cerave, they do have a PM version of the facial moisturizer. It is thick and moisturizing minus the sunscreen. I also love the original lotion for everything. Truly a great drugstore range worth trying. :))

Call me M said...

Wow! Everything looks delicious!
And I'm sure you all enjoyed your time together! :)

oomph. said...

it was our main course, too!

oomph. said...

i love to go to chinatown on chinese new year...good food!

oomph. said...

haha, this definitely was a full weekend for us!

oomph. said...

yes, my son really enjoyed it. why didn't i take him sooner, lol!

oomph. said...

stay warm!!

oomph. said...

yeah, my body was sore!! we went to chili's in waikele shopping center.

oomph. said...

i want to play around with some juice recipes to find one i really love!

oomph. said...

if you can get past the smell (hold your nose!!) it's pretty do-able!

oomph. said...

i accidentally deleted your comment...silly iphone! thanks so much for stopping by!

oomph. said...

i know, right? we didn't have half the places kids have now.

oomph. said...

i will check it out next time...thanks!

oomph. said...

good times, for sure!

oomph. said...

it was! thanks, Ly!

oomph. said...

sounds like a nice relaxing weekend.

oomph. said...

i'm paying for all that good food now!

oomph. said...

it was! thanks :)

oomph. said...

find one. it's so much fun!

oomph. said...

thank you :)

oomph. said...

thank you :)

Unknown said...

great photoes looks like you gus had a really fun time

neenasatine said...

the food look sumptuous..yum yummy

Shannon said...

Wow the trampoline place looks so fun!

Chyrel Gomez said...

I had an awesome weekend, too! And juicing is so everywhere! It's all I see on my social media news feed. I'm all for team green but I don't understand why some people had to buy and spend a lot of $$$$ when they can do the juicing. Gosh. Am I ranting on your blog. XD

Amy Adams said...

I have always wanted to take my granddaughters jumping but it always looks so crowded there and I'm worried they could get hurt with so many kids. In your photo there is hardly anyone there, where is everyone? LOL

01 09 10