1.22.2014

POPSUGAR must have box.

i love the idea of subscription boxes. the thought of getting surprise goodies delivered to your door every month is exciting. there are so many products out there, i sometimes have no idea what to try or where to find them...and you may never know a company existed until its product is given to you. in addition, subscription boxes make wonderful gifts.

i was lucky to receive POPSUGAR's Must Have box for november which exceeded my expectations of a monthly box. the contents of this box were full-sized and themed for the holiday season.


the box was packed nicely and filled to the brim with goods.


what's in the box?

1) Michael Stars Folk Art Wrap (buy)
2) Illume "Nice" Candle (on sale! buy)
3) Land's End Single Canvas Wine Tote (buy)
4) Maison de Monaco Strawberry and Blackberry Cream Preserves
5) The Soap & Paper Factory Roland Pine Shea Butter Soap
6) Absolute! Nail Polish Remover Pads (buy)
7) Barefruit Crunchy Sea Salt Caramel Apple Chips (buy)
8) CanvasPop $30 gift card

you can find more information on each product here.

i tore this open right away. i really wanted to like these caramel apple crisps because i love fruit snacks, and the caramel + apples sounded yummy and festive for the holidays. while i liked the crunch and chewiness (when i came across a caramel bit), it tasted like, eek, hate to say this, but...cardboard? great idea for a flavor combination, not so great execution. i'd love to try other flavors.

i was most excited about this wrap. it's huge and soft and warm, and i appreciated its neutral colors. it's this wrap that made november's must have box totally worth it.

i have yet to try the rest of the products, but i love the subtle pine scent of the soap and the 'nice' sweet smell of the candle. 

i look forward to trying these nail polish remover pads, because the bottle + cotton balls can get messy. and this canvaspop gift card will be put to good use; my niece has been taking tons of pictures at the beach so that we can print them out and use them as artwork to decorate the beach house.


do you subscribe to any subscription boxes?
which is your favorite?

17 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

I have never subscribed to any yet but would love to. Gotta check out POPSUGAR! Totally my kind of box! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh my I need those sea salt apple chips in my life!!!

Adriane said...

I've never tried a subscription box - looks good!

Sophie in the Sticks said...

I love the idea of subscription boxes but when I used to get a beauty one I found I barely used any items at all. A food one would be another story...!

SHOP STYLE CONQUER said...

this is awesome!

x

♥ Ellen
SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
Facebook + Instagram

two birds said...

that's a good box!! i love that wrap!

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

those chips look super yummy

Kileen said...

oh i love monthly subscription boxes! how cool that Popsugar came out with one too!

cute & little

Lena L said...

Looks very nice! It has everything in it! LOL
I love the wrap as well. :)

Ann Jones said...

Looks like a great box, I love the wrap!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

oh WOW! really nice items girl >.<
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Melissa Storms said...

That's a great box, I am going to ask for one of these boxes for Mother's day or my birthday.
upstatemissy@gmail.com

Unknown said...

been thinking of trying this, thanks for the review!

sgumer said...

this would have been a great box to have. too bad i missed it.

Carly said...

Thanks for the review, I'm super torn on what kind of subscription box to order and this seems like it has a nice mix of stuff. The chips sound good in theory, but i can totally see how they would be like cardboard...ick. Hopefully your future food-in-boxes endeavors will be better!

neenasatine said...

must have boxes is something new to me ..thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

It's going to be end of mine day, except before ending I am reading this enormous piece of writing to
increase my know-how.

Here is my blog attorney general el paso tx

01 09 10