10.20.2014

a week of high-waisted shorts. monochromatic.

the high-waisted short is something i usually steer clear of. i have a shorter torso, and high-waisted bottoms usually accentuate that. i bought these high-waisted denim shorts for mini-she (she wears them well), but decided to take them for a spin before passing them on. i'll be styling these shorts for this 'week of'.

this look combines textured and patterned blues for a seamless transition through the waist. while i like the clean look of the front [of the shirt] tucked in, leaving the back untucked helps to elongate my torso.

luckily, i took these photos last weekend. this weekend we were hit with another hurricane-turned-thunderstorm, and it has been raining non-stop since friday. last night i was able to step out for a little me time to go to a fun wine tasting party. the cool rainy weather was perfect for this outdoor get together.

how was your weekend?
do you wear high-waisted bottoms?

(BaubleBar ring; Capwell & Co. necklace)
we tasted four reds and four whites, guessing the aroma, body, taste, etc...
...and my friend and i won. love the cool merlot bottle.
(Deb Shops high-waisted denim shorts (on sale!);
J.Crew shirt (on sale!); Sole Society boots; JustFab bag)

*     *     *



8 comments:

  1. nice simple, laid-back outfit! hope you had a great weekend!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I think you can rock anything. I hope you are staying safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely making those high waisted shorts work. I love the boots! I don't usually wear anything high waisted because I don't want to accentuate my short waistedness.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top you paired with them becks!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shorts! I'm loving the high-waisted look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear high waisted skirts and pants but I can't carry off short shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! And then there's those legs girl! Holy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These high-waisted shorts are definitely great! Fun and chic for sure.
    I'm going through terrible weather here too. My window is only between 10am-1pm. After that it's nothing but dark skies and rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Please leave your website address and I'll be happy to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...