10.08.2015

cowl neck dress.

since it's summer year round in hawaii, we miss out on seasonal things, like fall fashion. when the weather cools, we jump at the occasion to layer up and break out the boots and jackets. i'm still waiting for the day i can wear a leopard fur coat...but until then, it's all about compromise. this LBD from patty's closet is a perfect example. its slightly higher cowl neck and thicker material are bearable because it's sleeveless. and since it's textured, it really doesn't need much...simple heels, a statement necklace, and a red lip. that is all.

do you experience the seasons where you live?

hilltop views of the honolulu skyline.
these clay cafes are making a comeback here. if you follow me on snapchat (@ rockoomph), you know what i made. can't wait to see the final product!
(patty's closet dress c/o; lulu's shoes; h&m bag; laqa & co lips)

you might like these:


alternate look:




9 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

Gorgeous! I love how it hugs your body and gives it shape without being overly tight. And oh for some reason, I dunno why I kept reading it as "cow's neck" hahahah

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Samantha Mariko said...

this is perfect for a night out! the neckline is so elegant!
www.samanthamariko.com

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

you look sunning

http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

Shybiker said...

(1) That's interesting how your climate affects your wardrobe. Here in NY, we get all four seasons. (2) This outfit is stunning. Ridiculously beautiful. My jaw literally dropped.

Lena L said...

Looking great! And I really like how you pull off the red lip color here! :)
Ever since I found cowl neck, I never look back - I don't think I've worn turtle necks in the recent years. I have a similar black dress, but it is more of a tunic so I wear it with leggings usually.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

The cowl neck and this silhouette look amazing on you and I love the texture of the dress as well.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Frannie Pantz said...

Don't worry, while you are envious of not being able to don a coat, come January, the rest of the country is envious of you for not having to wear one. Love this dress on you! So sleek and chic!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

that dress looks so good on you Becks! it stays hot here for many months. so we may get cold weather 4-5 months out of the year. my winter clothes last longer than my Summer ones. LOL
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Fashion Pad said...

I have the same wardrobe issues because I live in sunny Florida. However, I love this garment and it is a great transition piece for warmer weather!!! Looking fab!

01 09 10