6.02.2017

an [oomph] review. eshakti. 02

[i received one dress for purposes of review; opinions good or bad are 100% mine.]

in case you aren't familiar with eshakti, it is an online clothing retailer that provides fit and style customization. this is a great option for those who are shorter or taller than average, have a longer or shorter torso, or anything else that makes you special! for me, it's my height. everything is too long for my 5'-2" frame. you can also purchase standard sizes without any customization.


every item starts with a base, like this palm print maxi dress below. i loved the tropical print but felt it would be overwhelming for my height as a maxi dress. so...some customization was in order. i took the length to just above my knees and shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length. i also entered all of my measurements to get a more customized fit.


the result is below.


the dress turned out exactly as i ordered. the new length and shorter sleeves make the dress more wearable. it is also lined, so it has a nice weight to it, and the pockets are an added bonus!

looking at the original dress and my dress...what do you think? would you take advantage of a customization service like this? let me know in the comments!

in case you missed it:

3 comments:

Shybiker said...

All of us would benefit from some tailoring of our clothes. This idea is smart. I had no idea of your height. My problem is the opposite: all normal-sized dresses look scandalously short on me.

Lex | Mama's Beauty Blog! said...

I love that palm print on you! Looks so good for summer =)

Elle Sees said...

I love the shorter length!! It's perfect!!

01 09 10