7.12.2013

a week of leopard accents. scarf.

continuing on with this week of leopard accents, i added leopard to this outfit with a scarf. a bold scarf is the perfect quick fix for simple or monochromatic outfits. worn around your neck, it takes the place of a necklace, and minimizes the need for other accessories.

that said, if time is an issue in the morning, a small leopard scarf tied around your neck is a nice finishing touch to a sheath dress. grab your heels, watch, and a pair of stud earrings, and you are out the door in no time. if comfort is the issue, an oversized leopard scarf takes jeans and a tee from
casual to casual chic.

scroll down for some great giveaways!


to utilize your scarves during warmer months, keep cool by:
- pairing it with shorts
- wearing your hair up
- using it as a belt
- tying it to your purse handle
- wrapping it around your wrist like a bracelet
- using it as a headscarf

(SilverSpeck amethyst ring c/o)
nature valley granola thins in dark chocolate peanut butter...
good, but it's literally two bites.
(gifted ON scarf; tory burch shoes; f21 shorts (similar); rebecca minkoff x mark bag)

a few you might like:






in case you missed it:


*     *     *




 

29 comments:

Mileide Almeida said...

i love the outfit and your hair.....AMAZING!!
http://maisondemilla.blogspot.com.br/

Erica D said...

I love an all black outfit with an accent piece. My mom says I wear a little too much black but it goes with any accessory and any makeup look.

http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

Ai Sakura said...

love the all-black outfit with the extra print pop! enjoy your weekend :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Unknown said...

I love your pairings as always. Again, you make animal print look so wearable. I'm still afraid of the stuff, but they look amazing on you.

welldressedmaker said...

The scarf is the perfect accent to a monochromatic outfit! LOVE it Becks, and your flats!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love it with all black and those Tory Burch flats are awesome Becks.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

JennaStevie said...

Love the all black with the pop of leopard print, definitely a great accent!!
xJennaD

Ann Jones said...

Cute scarf and I love the shoes!

Pooja Mittal said...

Hey,
Nice post..
Would you like to follow each other..!!
Keep in touch,
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

Beauty Follower said...

I like your outfit!

http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

Diva In Me said...

Nice styling with the scarf. Loving that Tory Burch flats and Rebecca Minkoff's bag of yours =D

LoveYourEgo said...

This as an amazing week! The tips on how to use a scarf during summer really inspired me. :-9 I'm always a bit hesitant when it comes to head scarfs because they tend to look a bit hippy style but I'd love to sport some leo on my head :D

http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

Unknown said...

I like the leopard accent with your effortless outfit, you look amazing!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

Love your all black outfit! So chic with the scarf and aviators!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity of this outfit, so chic :)
xo Jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

such a cute outfit! you look so striking in black hon!! but I adore the pop of contrast with the leopard print scarf!

eileen ragan | leaner by the lake said...

This is a good reminder to pull out my scarves this summer! I tend to forget about them until fall rolls around. It's also reminder that I have wayyyy to many scarves and need to pair down, stat! Btw - love these shorts on you!

eileen
leaner by the lake

Balancing Lisa said...

summer chic at it's finest! LOVE this look! xo

Chicago Chic said...

You look amazing & I love that we are both wearing buns in our posts! :) Also you inspired me to pull out my leopard scarf soon!

Frannie Pantz said...

Amen! I love my leopard scarf too and you are right--it takes the look to a whole new level in one small step. Great look Rebecca!

oomph. said...

thanks :)

oomph. said...

thanks ann!

oomph. said...

thanks!!

oomph. said...

thanks lisa!

oomph. said...

it's really the little things, right?

oomph. said...

bun twins!! thanks R!

oomph. said...

thank you!

oomph. said...

thanks jac! hope all is well!

Brian Davis said...

This is an old post but WOW what a great look. LOVE the scarf and those Reva flats would certainly fit into my collection nicely. https://davisbe.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/dsc04061.jpg
Bri
https://davisbe.files.wordpress.com/

01 09 10