12.10.2013

east vs west [coast] style. new year's eve.

when i think of new year's eve, i think shiny and sparkly. and bubbly, haha. east vs west holiday edition is back with our picks on what to wear to your new year's eve celebration. this is the night you can go all out, glitz and glamour, in rich velvet, sequins, and embellishments. when you have a statement dress, you don't need much else to complete the look. throw on some killer heels and keep the accessories to a minimum. all of our dresses are from The Stylist LA, a designer dress borrowing service.

visit the girls to see their dresses in detail.

east
Jackie / Living After Midnite / New York
Meaghan / District Sparkle / D.C.
Tracy / TheRightShoes / New York

west
Ashley / Golden Divine / California
Ashley / Pursuit of Shoes / California
Becks / oomph. / Hawaii



i chose this dress because it had the sparkle i wanted in a conservative style that didn't feel over the top.
(Parker Cluster Beaded V-neck Dress ($60 to rent);
enzo angiolini shoes; Anjolee tennis bracelet (buy);
SilverSpeck amethyst ring (buy))

a few to try:


in case you missed it:

21 comments:

TaraMixandMatch said...

Everyone looks gorgeous...I love your sequins, and love that you went with red heels!

Unknown said...

OMG dying over that last pic!!!!!

LV said...

Love the pictures! That dress looks great with those red shoes.

$150.00 shopping spree giveaway
http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

love the last picture of you

Frannie Pantz said...

You look stunning in this sparkly little number R! And I love the red heels! Perfect for ringing in the New Year! And since my wine glass will be empty this NYE, I hope you will drink one for me!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I'm loving the sparkle Becks! Everyone looks gorgeous! Great dress and you kicked it up a notch with those red heels. Looks great! LOL at the empty glass.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ann Jones said...

Love the dress, you look beautiful in it! I wish it was warm enough here to not have to dress in layers, it has been snowing all week :) The red heels are great!!

Anonymous said...

love the last pic!
I would love to see this dress under the party lights. Great look :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!
Georgia from www.lumublog.com 

susan jakovina said...

Je.sus that dress!!!!
Gorgeous. And why is that glass empty btw??

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Super cool sparkly dresses. Yours is AMAZING. Love the photo shoot with the glasses but yes WHY IS IT EMPTY? in the last one.
Daphne.

Stanislava E. said...

Haha the last pic rocks! The dress is perfect for NYE.

sunandsany

trishie said...

Love the last pic..hehe

I like the idea of wearing something sparkly for NYE - very appropriate. Your sequin dress absolutely rocks!

two birds said...

you look stunning! i love the red shoes, too!

Ashley said...

I am seriously so obsessed with this dress! I have been looking for a sparkly dress for a long time, but I want one that is more conservative. I love this one!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the red shoes!

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

Your outfit is definitely my favorite! I love all the sparkle, it's perfect :)

Katie said...

I LOVE your dress! That's perfect for new years!!

Jessica said...

Your dress is beautiful. I love the sequin.

Jasmine P said...

All of these outfits are awesome!

shawn said...

It’s really a cool and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.
gst login

01 09 10