10.14.2013

style me. striped maxi skirt.

reader request:
my sister bought a black and white striped maxi skirt similar to this one and needed ideas on how to wear it to work.
"style me!!" she said. so here are my thoughts:
since she is in a management position, she should continue to look professional even on casual days. my suggestion is to pair her striped maxi skirt with a shrunken blazer that is structured and short in length. the shorter length balances the maxi and keeps the look from being too frumpy. i might also pair it with silky button-ups or crisp white shirts that are tucked
in and belted.

her skirt has thin stripes and almost looks solid black from afar, which works out better for the office. this is the only striped maxi skirt i have, but you get the idea.

maxi + tank + blazer

maxi + crisp white shirt

maxi + long-sleeved dolman tee

maxi + peplum top

maxi + peplum top + blazer

tips for keeping your maxi skirt office appropriate:
- avoid loose oversized tops which can look sloppy and too casual
- skirt should cover shoes without touching the ground
- keep the outfit simple and unfussy
- stick to [dark] basic colors
- avoid large prints

try these:



*need ideas on how to style an item? email me.

14 comments:

Samantha Mariko said...

I am loving the peplum top! and the blazer looks like something I saw from Elizabeth and James. Anyways, cool outfit post!
www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

trishie said...

I love how versatile this skirt is. Looks great!

Diva In Me said...

You made this skirt looked so good on you. I like the first and the last pictures. You sure know how to do mix-n-match so well =)

KC said...

I am so loving the simple yet creative ways to rock a maxi skirt. I'm taking notes!

Bronzed Humanity said...

Striped maxi...love!
xx
Hot Pink Day
Libi & Lola

fashion doctor said...

so elegant, so chic! xoxooo

Plami said...

I love how you styled the skirt being considerate of your reader's job, etc. You should make "style me" a feature on the blog :)))

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Laura said...

Love this skirt, and especially the first look you created

Claudia Kitten said...

Love the maxi!

Claudia xxx
www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

the skirt looks great!! and so versatile!

Siân Singleton said...

Loving all those looks but the first is my favourite, that blazer is gorgeous! x
Shop Kittenish Behaviour & Kittenish Behaviour Blog

Unknown said...

Great styling advice! I love the pairing with the red shoes peeking out from under the skirt. :)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

now that's CHIC! i like this look becks! i'm totally going to copy it! consider it stolen! HAHAHA love ALL the ways you styled it.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

LoveYourEgo said...

The blazer and peplum outfits look the most professional but all looks are gorgeous! I didn't realize that maxi skirts were that resourcefull!

http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

01 09 10