2.21.2012

boot-iful shoes.

my apologies for the lack of outfit posts recently.
we've had a bunch of rain in the last couple of weeks which left me in a bit of a slump...resorting to comfy, non-presentable outfits and lots of repeats. fortunately, there have been several additions to the shoe-drobe.
i'm hoping these will walk me out of this rut.

enzo angiolini "alessi" boot in black suede
via ideeli.com (not a member? click here) (buy)
i usually buy tan boots or something close to skin color, and this left a void in my shoe-drobe for basic black shoes. these are the perfect ankle height and the rubber soles are super comfortable. plus, these are actually my size. i rarely find boots in small size 5s...my feet are usually sliding around in size 6s. check out jenn in hers.

hunter original tall boot in navy
via gilt.com (not a member? click here) (buy)
i have been wanting a pair of hunters forever. i couldn't justify buying them knowing they wouldn't get much use here. but you know how you get an itch for something? i had to scratch it. especially when they were $79 at gilt. if only they came
in time for last weeks rain.

nine west "aroundtown" in black suede
(buy)
as i mentioned above, i am lacking basic black shoes...including a basic plack pump. funny how basics are hard to find. i wanted something with a platform and a chunkier heel. i came across these and thought they were the next best option, and they proved to be very versatile. i later found the love fury below.

nike "air pegasus 28" shoes
it's funny how one person can make up your mind. i wouldn't have given these colorful shoes a second look...until i saw a girl trying them on. she was already dressed in workout clothes, and the shoes looked so good. it was a couple days before i was able to go back and get them. thankfully there was a coupon for $10 off and one size left for me. the flash makes them look really bright. ok, they are really bright. and i'm ok with that.

nine west "love fury" pump in black leather
(buy)
finally, a great basic black pump. the love fury has a slight platform and a pointed toe that is wide enough to give your toes room to breathe. it does have a stiletto heel, but it was comfortable enough to not be an issue.
this one looks really good in nude, too.

even the minis got new shoes.

enter the simoni textile designs giveaway here.
10% off all cuteness at the shop of worldly delights.
CODE: OOMPHFEB10

40 comments:

Jessica said...

All of these shoes are amazing. I am dying to own a pair of Hunter boots. I love them in navy.

Siena in Style said...

i love all of them

Meri said...

oooh i love those hunter boots!

Unknown said...

Love the Mary Jane's and the Nike's!
xo Jac

DeniseAngela said...

I have been wearing my hunters lately too :(.........like your style so I am your newest follower!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

LOL. Bet you we had more rain in Seattle :O) Oh, those Hunter boots are our favorites.

Unknown said...

great purchase. love the nine west suede chunky heels.

http://www.cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com/

The Suburb Experiment said...

Thanks for the mention. :) The best thing about the Enzos are that they look better each time you wear them. And now I have a little bright workout shoe envy. I only work out barefoot (yoga) so it'd be pretty hard to justify. But it doesn't mean I'm not trying to come up with a reason. Heheh.

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Wow big shoe shopping spree. I am loving those colorful workout shoes. I keep telling myself that is why I haven't been working out. I am lacking the 'new shoe' motivation! :)
Love all the others as well.
Daphne.

Bad Joan said...

Love the Nikes!


GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

Love these! what a great selection! :) I find it hard to find great basic shoes too! but it's always worth the hard work when you find the right ones :)

Love, Vanilla

taffetaramblings said...

loving the black boots, can never have too many & the practical oh so necessary Hunter wellies, doing the rain in style! xxx

Sofie said...

awesome shoes!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

awesome shoes! thanks for sharing, dear!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) said...

Great buys. I adore your new Nike's, I love bright tennis shoes when I work out. Mini's Car shoes are too cute.

Cel said...

The problem with basics is there are SO MANY to choose from that are all very similar, and finding the RIGHT one is difficult. I absolutely love those super bright running shoes. I really aught to invest in a good pair, especially since my last pair is covered in fake blood from the zombie walk haha...

Theresa Mahoney said...

I love the Nine West black suade shoes! And the bright Nike shoes. Actually, I love them all! You have great shoe taste!

Thanks for stopping by Theresa's Mixed Nuts :) I'm a new follower!

susan jakovina said...

Seriously love every pair. Great choices.
Hunters for $79!!! They are $150 + 15% sales tax here...just sayin'

Call me M said...

Love the boots in the first pic and your nine west ones.

Jessica Peeling said...

Came to follow you back from The Second Thought - thanks for visiting! :) Great shoes.

Unknown said...

omg you know I'm a sucker for shoes!!!!! loving those boots on the top

xo Jackie
...livingaftermidnite

Chicago Chic said...

I want the Hunters and the Nikes! I've been wanting running shoes just like that - need to add a bit of colour to motivate me to work out :) I also love the first pair of boots! I'm always wanting new shoes :)

xRachel

welldressedmaker said...

I need those Nikes in my life. I've worn out my sneakers and need a lift! And those ankle strap heels are gorgeous!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Tiffany said...

Okay, I LOVE those bright tennis shoes! It's about time for me to get some new running shoes... Maybe I'll get those!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love those black platform heels with the ankle strap...they're proportioned really well, so they make the ankles look great.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Skinny said...

Love the nine west pumps

good times tora said...

your black "aroundtown" shoes are friggin' awesome. I am hopeless in heels, so always, ALWAYS have to opt for one with chunky heels and ankle straps so these would be just perfect for me. absolutely smashing!

xxx

oomph. said...

ouch! i know the average is about $125 which is why i snagged them when they were featured on gilt!

momto8 said...

my daughter has the boots....they always look great..even if it isn't raining!

Joandy said...

size 5!!! i'm a giant compare to you, lol!!! love the boots, must have for closets, and that suede Nine west is a beauty too!!!

Mom Daughter Style said...

beautiful shoes! The Nike's are so cute.

SpryOnTheWall said...

You'll find a reason to wear your Hunters even when it's not raining, they are too cute! I got mine with a Shopbop gift card I won, cause I couldn't justify that much for boots either since we dont usually get loads of rain. Adore those b
Ack pumps, I wanna pair!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I love Hunter boots. I should definitely get a pair. Cute suede heels girl. :D
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ashley Rae said...

Yesssss for new shoes. I always seem to gravitate towards buying a new pair of shoes before anything else, which then leaves a huge gaping hole in my closet for everything else.


.AshleyRae.
araeofstyle.blogspot.com
IG @always_ashleyrae

emilie said...

I love those Nikes! It's all the rage to add more and more colour to your workout wear. I love the trend, it really brightens things up!

Emilie
www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Loving all of these.If you are like me very much in love sequin uggs then welcome to your return visit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your recommendation.I want to tell youTrue Religion Outlet Store is also a good choice.

JA said...

Gandaa! haha naalala nyo po ba akoo, huhu. pwede po bang hiramin yung nine west around town hahahaha ipapagaya ko lang sa shoemaker koo, gandaa e!:))) maawa po kayo hahahaha :D

tnwm said...

Those Air Pegasuses! I was looking for a blog picture of that color combination, and it's definitely convinced me how awesome they are (: Thanks!

miyoko01 said...

I love your nike frees! I just bought a magenta pair.

01 09 10