6.03.2014

a week of summer shorts + shoes pairings. mid heels.

most of my denim shorts fall into this range of 2-4 inch inseams and are, for me, the hardest to dress up. normally, i'd grab a pair of sneakers or loafers, which would be fine for lunch or coffee after the beach. but if i wanted a dressier option for cocktails or dinner, i'd pair these shorts with mid-height heels (2-3"). i'd stay away from lighter denim and frayed edges which would be too casual for heels, in my opinion.

the shorts i had in mind for this pairing was actually mid-thigh length...but on this day, they were suddenly too big. maybe from my marathon-training running?? but you get the idea. mid-thigh = mid-heels.

so after cruising the beach in your bikini and denim shorts, throw on an easy button-up, ditch the beach tote for a cute bag, and you're ready for happy hour.

are you comfortable wearing heels with shorts?

(JustFab bag; Persun shoes; top via [oomph.];
ae shorts; baublebar necklace)

13 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

I agree--wearing heels with shorts is really tricky business, but when executed properly, it can look soooo good. I like your tricks--mid-thigh, mid-heel--they sound about right. I love the button down and these heels with the denim shorts. Great beach to anywhere look!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

In Seattle, we don't have problems dressing up shorts. It's rarely warm enough to wear shorts here, even in the summer. But on super hot days - that'd be the 80's - I'll definitely put on heels with my shorts. You are lucky to have nice legs :O)

Mag KP said...

Another nice look in shorts and heels. You did it right again :) I like how you combined all the outfit, including the jewelry. Nice to look at :)

Shybiker said...

I think heels are a great way to dress up shorts. They add elegance.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

heels can change a outfit in so many ways.

Samantha Mariko said...

I could definitely see you getting a fancy cocktail in this outfit! you chose a nice top to pair with the shorts!
www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

Diva In Me said...

I was just thinking about wearing shorts with wedges today. Yes I will definitely do shorts with heels. I think it's a great way to lengthen the legs! =D

gabrielle said...

these heels are adorable. i don't know if i've actually done it before, but i would definitely try dressing up denim shorts with heels. i think you pull it off really well!

xo,
gabby
www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

susan jakovina said...

I totally thought these were the Zara heels! Love.

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I love how you dressed up this casual outfit with those gorgeous shoes!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Awesome top and shorts Becks! Love your necklace.

Sabrina said...

Love those shoes. Are they actually comfortable? I'm a bit apprehensive about buying them from sites that don't specialize in only shoes.

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Unknown said...

this is such a cute laid back look that would also look great for going to dinner :)
xo jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

01 09 10