10.07.2013

aloha wear.

there's always a graduation party, mother's day brunch, or baby's first luau to go to; here, it calls for aloha attire. men show up in their best aloha shirts and women in their pretty floral dresses. me? i'm usually rocking my dark flared denim, a blouse, and my highest heels or a dress in some other graphic print. while i feel out of my comfort zone in head-to-toe florals, i know that i should own a dress that would be appropriate for these occasions. while this one isn't overloaded with florals, it still has a hawaiian feel to it. plus, i was sold on the oomph-worthy open back. the cropped denim jacket provides just enough warmth on a chilly evening without covering up too much of the dress. both are from Patty's Closet.

last year, i had my first ever pumpkin latte. i love pumpkin anything when it comes to food, but i wasn't completely sold on the seasonal drinks. while the first few sips are delicious, i find that it gets too sweet towards the bottom (unless you are constantly stirring, which i'm not), and you end up throwing half away. but, i am a sucker for holiday and seasonal traditions, and when the mood hits, i just might give in. i went out in the rain yesterday to get mini-he a happy meal, and the picture on the menu of the hot, steamy pumpkin spice latte just felt right on that chilly day, so i gave in.

how was your weekend? do you enjoy seasonal pumpkin drinks?

shopping at Patty's Closet in Windward Mall.
(dress & jacket c/o Patty's Closet; JustFab Gallerista bag c/o)

a few you might like:



11 comments:

  1. your dress is too cute!! love how tropical it is!

    XOXOJOANNIE
    ANURBAN-EXPLORER.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty one! I fell in love with ur sandals! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and ethereal outfit! Looks like fall hasn't come to you yet, you lucky! I bet the pumpkin latte is delicious, have to try it!

    Sun and Sany

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress really looks casual and makes me want to go on vacation! :D

    http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely look,
    great bag!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and so functional too.
    You can always ask for half of a pump of Pumpkin so that it is not too much or sugar free? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress and shoes Becks. I love it! I just tried a pumpkin latte. It's good, but it's not something I would want all the time. HaHaHa I'll do a post on it next week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hawaiian print makes me happy...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Please leave your website address and I'll be happy to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...